Immigration is a topic one could not avoid in the past few years, specially if you are living in the United States.
No matter what side of the political spectrum one is, it’s also a much-needed conversation.
Sadly enough, it’s also a conversation that too often leave kids out.
I just published an educational booklet on immigration to let our young people in on the discussion.
Designed with Grades 4,5, and 6, in mind, the booklet falls in my “Real-Life” [link] series. It uses real-life video found on the Internet to enhance your presentation. You can either go to my webpages to play the video or play them directly from the providers by following the links.
This immigration package has been designed like a kid’s magazine so it’s colorful and catches the kid’s attention.
The booklet is entitled “Immigrants.” here are the main ready to go topics kids will discover:
The booklet, which is colorful and has been designed like a kid’s magazine, shows well in black and white. Included in this booklet are:
• The first article, “What is an immigrant?” covers topic like “Why Do People Immigrate?”, “The Immigration Process,” “What Challenges Do You Think Immigrants Face?” and then it will point the kids to their own thoughts and actions towards immigrants.
• In the second article, kids will discover “Who Are the Immigrants?” This article relates to students “Legal Immigrants,” “Illegal Immigrants,” “Illegal Immigrants Involved in Crime,” “Refugees” and “What is a DREAMer.” Of course this last article is more pertinent for USA citizens.
• The third article is two pages: “Five Ways to Make an Immigrant Feel Welcome,” which can also be printed and put up as a poster.
• The fourth article is another two pages: “Why Do People Oppose Immigration?”, which can as well be printed and put up as a poster.
• The booklet also includes an easy to follow lesson plan (two pages) for Grades 4,5, and 6.
• There are three worksheets for Grades 4,5, and 6.
• One answer key.
You can read my main article for this booklet on my website by following this link:
Members of my website can download the booklet for free until the end of May 2018.
Yep, it’s completely free for a limited time for those who are members of my website.
If you do not want to subscribe to my website, you can buy this 29-page booklet for the modest sum of $8.00 by clicking here [link].
The project was written and reviewed by seasoned educators.